[Yum-devel] [dnf] new build: dnf-0.3.2-1

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 9 14:57:13 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-04-09 at 16:43 +0200, Ales Kozumplik wrote:

> The part about
> "yum \"only respects excludes during install/upgrade\"" is taken from
> 'man yum' itself.

 git fgrep respects ... no matches.

 "man yum" has:

       -x, --exclude=package
              Exclude  a  specific package by name or glob from updates on all
              repositories.  Configuration Option: exclude

 "man yum.conf" has:

              exclude  List  of  packages to exclude from updates or installs.
              This should be a space separated list.  Shell globs using  wild‐
              cards (eg. * and ?) are allowed.

...I can see what the second one is trying to simplify the explanation
to ... but I guess if you just read the yum.conf page, and didn't try
it, you could interpret it to mean that it only applied to those two
commands.
 I'll try to come up with better wording for the yum.conf man page.