[Yum-devel] [dnf] new build: dnf-0.3.2-1

Ales Kozumplik akozumpl at redhat.com
Tue Apr 9 14:43:32 UTC 2013

On 04/09/2013 04:17 PM, James Antill wrote:
>   Excludes currently applies to all "available" packages, and makes them
> disappear. You've changed it so it also has a second function where it
> kind of excludes the installed packages, but hopefully not 100% because
> that would be bad ... and maybe you'll turn the second part off for
> certain commands too?
>   This is "more consistent"?

I think I'm getting what you mean now. I'll think about it and perhaps
disable the excludes for erasing, probably with a warning that the
excludes are being ignored.

>> >  Both the dnf(8) and dnf.conf(8) say so.
>   I'd looked at the commit, and seen the note in cli_vs_yum.rst about how
> yum "only respects excludes during install/upgrade" but nothing
> suggesting that excludes are only name based now.

Yes, as that's described in the manual pages for 'dnf' command and
'dnf.conf' configuration file format. I have not added a paragraph about
only applying to names to the document that highlights the changes yet,
as it is entirely possible I'll add this if there's a bug report for it.
This document focuses only on the differences between DNF and Yum that I
consider permanent, bugs and relevant RFEs not included.

The part about
"yum \"only respects excludes during install/upgrade\"" is taken from
'man yum' itself.

Ales