[Yum-devel] [dnf] new build: dnf-0.3.2-1

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 8 18:59:39 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-08 at 20:33 +0200, Aleš Kozumplík wrote:
> Hello,
>
> dnf-0.3.2-1 is in Rawhide and F19 testing updates[1] since today.
[...]
> Handling of per-repo package exclusions was fixed and clarified. DNF
> respects excludes for all operations, not just for update and install as
> Yum does[2], I find this more intuitive.

 So you mean you added the excludes logic to installed packages, as well
as available ones. Out of curiosity, when you do:

dnf -x foo upgrade

...are the rpmdb versions correct? What happens if foo is obsoleted?
What about if foo conflicts/obsoletes some package you are installing?
What about if foo requires some package that is going away due to the
upgrade?
 What does "dnf -x foo check" say?

 I'm also kind of curious about how many users who do a global config.
of something like exclude=kernel, never want to be able to see the
installed kernel packages unless they use --disableexcludes (or never if
they are using PK, I guess).

 You should also add a note that dnf excludes are name only currently
(at least the code implies that), although that might be a feature as
otherwise it might be hard to make sure someone doesn't do
"dnf -x foo-1.1.1 install foo" when foo-1.1.2 is available.