[Yum-devel] URLGrabber: help on progress indicator

andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 29 20:15:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have a question about the progress indicator on url grabber.

Basically I wan to download many small files.
Then I want to concatenate them all, so I do

loop:
	out = out(...., "a")

	f = grabber.urlopen()
	out.write(f.read())

I attach a TextMeter and I get output like

I would like to improve it.
I dont know the total size. I can only estimate it after the first file has been downloaded as they
are all the same.

I was thinking of wrapping TextMeter and filter and change the values it receives, but
then I saw there is a MultiFileMeter which I cant seem to able to use.

Is this already solved?

Andrea