[Yum-devel] [Patch] Only uppercase recursion in plugins-aliases

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 19 19:17:50 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-16 at 17:15 +0900, shin2s2 wrote:
> /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/aliases.conf
> # recursive - 0:Not, 1:Yes, 2:Yes(but only uppercase)
> # <default> = 1
> recursive = 2

 Don't use "2", change it to a string that accepts:

full
1 => backcompat. version of full
none
0 => backcompat. version of none
uppercase

...you can keep it using 0/1/2 in the patch, if you want ... just that
the UI should try to be semi-sane.
 I'm not sure I'd want to change the default though, even if the current
aliases were fixed. If you want to try making it so that it will use
other aliases but not ones it's already processed ... I wouldn't mind
changing the default to that.

> /etc/yum/aliases.conf
> DUPS --showduplicates
> list -C list
> lv -C DUPS list
>
> yum list => yum -C list (no recursions)

 Note that you can use:

list -C \list

...already (not sure if you knew that).

 But, in short, if you send another patch with the config. change I'll
commit it ... thanks for the patch.