[Yum-devel] Plugin activation for repotrack

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 4 19:05:20 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-04 at 12:16 +0200, Olivier BONHOMME wrote:
> Hello the list,
>
> Sorry by advance if this question has already been posted but I did'nt
> found anything in the archives nor Google.
>
> I am trying to use the repotrack software in order to build my own
> repository considering different "upstreams" repo like CentOS / CentOS
> extras and EPEL.
>
> When I use yumdownloader or the classical yum, plugins are enabled by
> default whereas it's not the case for repotrack.

 Yeh, yum or anything that uses yum's utils.py module gets plugins
enabled by default. Most everything else has plugins disabled by
default. This kind of made sense a long time ago when it was done,
because the other utilities tended to be one offs that operated "outside
the local machine" ... so you wanted them to ignore things like the
priority and versionlock plugin.

> I looked into the code and I saw that it's a voluntary choice. I made a
> quick and dirty change in the code in order to enable the yum plugins
> because I need to manage the priorities.
>
> With my personnal tests, it seems to work perfectly. So here is my
> questions : Is there any particular reason for disabling plugins with
> repotrack ? If it is not the case, would it be able to be a new feature
> for repotrack ?
>
> I already saw that it is available for reposync so why not for repotrack ?

 There's no reason not to have a --plugins option, in any command.
 Patches accepted :).