[Yum-devel] Plugin activation for repotrack

Olivier BONHOMME obonhomme at nerim.net
Fri May 4 10:16:09 UTC 2012

Hello the list,

Sorry by advance if this question has already been posted but I did'nt
found anything in the archives nor Google.

I am trying to use the repotrack software in order to build my own
repository considering different "upstreams" repo like CentOS / CentOS
extras and EPEL.

When I use yumdownloader or the classical yum, plugins are enabled by
default whereas it's not the case for repotrack.

I looked into the code and I saw that it's a voluntary choice. I made a
quick and dirty change in the code in order to enable the yum plugins
because I need to manage the priorities.

With my personnal tests, it seems to work perfectly. So here is my
questions : Is there any particular reason for disabling plugins with
repotrack ? If it is not the case, would it be able to be a new feature
for repotrack ?

I already saw that it is available for reposync so why not for repotrack ?

Thanks for having reading me

Regards,
Olivier BONHOMME