[Yum-devel] DNF builds in Rawhide

Ales Kozumplik akozumpl at redhat.com
Wed Jul 18 13:12:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

DNF is available in the rawhide repository now, hawkey has been since
two weeks ago and libsolv has been for some time now. That means the
entire stack is installable with rawhide repositories enabled (needs new
RPM though[1]!). I'd like to invite everyone who is adventurous enough
to give DNF a try and report experiences and post feedback.

You should be able to install, delete, update and erase packages.
multilib_policy=best works, yumdb and basic yum history works now too.
There is no plugins support yet and many commands are disabled at the
moment, to be either dropped or fixed to work in DNF.

DNF is still experimental, it means do not trust it blindly, for
instance by using the '-y' switch. Most often the worst that will happen
is a traceback.

I am going to post to yum-devel with information about each new build
and changes.

Ales

[1] https://github.com/akozumpl/dnf/blob/master/README.md