[Yum-devel] Is "yum clean all" problem or repository issue? New packages could not show after "yum clean all"

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 17 17:42:27 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 21:48 +1000, jupiter wrote:
> I've just found that the repomd.xml in my client machine which cannot
> see the new packages is actually the same repomd.xml in the private
> repository machine which can see the new packages. In the private
> repository machine I can see new packages in primary.xml.gz, but there
> is no primary.xml.gz in the the client machine I can check with. Is
> there anyway to check the primary.xml.gz in the client machine?

 Ok, that eliminates a few possible problems.

 So the new repomd.xml/primary is getting to the client, and the same
repomd.xml/primary on another machines shows the packages in "yum list"?
(just repeating the question/information ... to make sure I have it
correct).

 Assuming all of that, it implies that the packages are being excluded
somehow ... you can try --disableexcludes and --showduplicates, maybe
use repoquery instead of yum.
 I assume the machines are the same architecture (Ie. the server isn't
x86_64 and the client i386 ... which would thus. not see x86_64
packages).