[Yum-devel] Is "yum clean all" problem or repository issue? Newpackages could not show after "yum clean all"

jigang.djg jigang.djg at taobao.com
Sat Jul 14 12:44:31 UTC 2012

after new packages were added to the reposity, did you update the repos ?
run command  like this:
 /usr/bin/createrepo --update -d -p  rhel/5Server/x86_64

and then, run command on the client:
yum list | grep new_pkg_name

can you see the name of your newly-added packages ?

"yum  clean all" is just used to clean local cache on the client.

For your question or test, the operations below may help you:

1): update the repos as the way i told you above.
2): run comand on the client: yum clean all
3): run command on the client to view whether new pacakges have already been stored in the new repo files:

zcat  repo_path/repodata/primary.xml.gz | grep new_pkg_name

good luck ~~