[Yum-devel] [yum-commits] reposync.py yumdownloader.py

Zdenek Pavlas zpavlas at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 08:16:47 UTC 2012

> How well have you tested these changes to reposync?

Much less that I want it to be tested.  But downloading,
copying from file:// repos, and also -C and --urls options
all seem to be working fine.

> I ask b/c reposync is used by A LOT of admins in an automated
> cron-job and if you break their repos they are syncing down
> they will come after you with sticks and torches.

It should stay in rawhide for few months, I don't plan
to break anything else soon.

> For the record, I'm one of them. :)
> be careful breaking reposync

The reason for implementing this was that yumdownloader
and reposync are in the parallel downloading test plan,
and I've noticed it does not work there.