[Yum-devel] [patch] leaking yum.log fd when instantiating multiple YumBase objects

Zdenek Pavlas zpavlas at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 09:24:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

>> -def setFileLog(uid, logfile):
>> +def setFileLog(uid, logfile, cleanup=[]):

> This is also a python gotcha:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2170684/python-init-argument-problem

Thanks for pointing this out!  We very likely have only one call site and that sets the argument explicitly.  Should the default be used it would result in (intended) no-op and a small memory leak.  Preventing the leak is probably not worth adding an 'if' into the code path although I'm not quite sure.  I'd like to drop the default anyway..  Do we have a policy on changing the method's signatures?

Zdenek