[Yum-devel] yum-cron and handling errors and warnings

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 29 19:16:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 12:57 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> Where does the update from rpm _itself_ go? That's just spit out to
> stdout/stderr by the rpm library, right?

 There are a few things we "get" from rpm:

r1. Call back data.

r2. scriptlet errors (goes to a file that yum can then read).

r3. Return codes from the transaction, and it's elements.

r4. What is actually in the rpmdb at the end of the transaction :).

r5. Maybe some other stuff I've forgotten about.

...yum then tries to convert them into:

y1. scriplet data, but that's only easily available from yum history (I
think).

y2. Done/not-done, in the transaction (and yum history).

y3. beg/end rpmdb versions.