[Yum-devel] yum shell and exit codes and plugins

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Jul 29 15:42:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 10:03:22AM -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> Well, that's exactly how I use it.  I install /etc/yum/yum-daily.yum as
> part of my kickstart %post that updates yum, rpm, glibc, etc., then
> updates everything, then does a bunch of groupinstall calls depending on
> what the machine's function is.  A very poor man's config management
> system, you could say.
> I still have to patch yum-cron to grep out all of the "already installed
> and latest version" messages which I cannot seem to find a way to
> suppress.

Can you send me what you're patching it to be?

> I suspect if this functionality went away I'd just grab the old code and
> keep using it.

Do you mean the ability to customize the yum-daily script in general, or the
groupupdate functionality specifically?

Offhand, I'm thinking there could be a "yum-cron groupupdate" action which
would read a list of groups from /etc/yum/yum-cron/groupupdate.