[Yum-devel] yum cache handling issues (wrt repoquery)

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 21 13:31:11 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 21:15 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> I have an issue of getting stale repo metadata from repoquery. We use
> this as part of our release process, and as an ad-hoc tool to query
> what's in a repo.
>
> When you specify --repofrompath on the command line, yum dutifully
> caches the repodata from that repo. The problem lies in the fact that
> for one invocation, I might say "myrepo,http://foo.bar/some/repo".
> Then I run it again later, and say
> "myrepo,http://foo.bar/some/other/repo". As far as yum is concerned,
> since the repoid is the same, it believes that it has valid cache of
> the second repo, where in reality it could have wildly different
> content. If the second repo is older than the first (causing yum to
> completely ignore metadata checksums in the "new" repomd.xml), you get
> stale content that doesn't reflect what's going on in the second repo.
>
> I'm not sure what the correct way to address this is. We could not
> cache anything from --repofrompath repos (but how do you tell?). We
> could provide a command line option to repoquery to completely ignore
> any cache (which is the right thing in my mind). Am I missing
> something here?

 I assume these two fix it for you?

http://yum.baseurl.org/gitweb?p=yum.git;a=commitdiff;h=c3c7af31dd1ac74d4d672bf5ff8c1dff07b4690a
http://yum.baseurl.org/gitweb?p=yum.git;a=commitdiff;h=48bbbb72793fac371c31c19f55e689e472031d90

...they "just" went live in RHEL-5, RHEL-6 should happen soon. Latest
upstream release should be fine, rawhide (and the rawhide rebuilds)
should also have them already.