[Yum-devel] RPM Downloads in separate process(es)

Zdeněk Pavlas zpavlas at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 16:50:32 UTC 2011

Hello all,

Please let me know what you think about it.  It's still just a hack
to test if this is the right way to implement it.

- no early GPG checking, no checksumming (to avoid db access)

I think the former is not necessary, the latter could be
implemented later.

- no attempt to coordinate progress callbacks

I've tried at first to relay all progress callbacks through
the master process and show progress for only the last file,
but it's probably not necessary.

If the tty does all the merging, the last line simply toggles
between currently active downloads.  Finished downloads are
shown one per line, albeit in somewhat random order.