[Yum-devel] Translation support to yum-utils

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 3 14:34:28 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 07:58 +0100, tim.lauridsen at gmail.com wrote:

>         I agree that i18n is kind of a pain sometime, much easier if
>         everybody talked danish :)
>         I think that unicode is the issue, not i18n.
>         Fine with med to do a yumutils.i18n there do a wrapper around
>         python kitchen
>         It don't become a hard requirement, just fallback to some
>         dummy wrappers if the import fails

the yumutils subpath is probably a necessary item anyway - we have a
fair bit of code duplication finding its way into the utils that could
probably be merged.

One thing, though.

I do not want to see:

import yumutils

inside yum itself. That's the wrong direction, imo. If we need a
function in yum then we move it into yum and grab it from yumutils via
import.

sound reasonable?