[Yum-devel] urlgrabber test suite failures

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Feb 24 21:21:54 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm running the urlgrabber test suite to test some local changes, and
have two questions (which aren't related to my local changes) about two
failing test cases:

1) http://urlgrabber.baseurl.org/test/test_post.php should apparently
echo back data POSTed to it, but it returns the PHP source.  Can someone
on this list have a look at fixing this on the server side?

2) test_readline() in test_byterange fails at the last line because it
ends up calling fo.readline(0) on the underlying StringIO object, which
apparently means that it will happily read past the range:

$ python -c "import StringIO ; print StringIO.StringIO('foo').readline(0)"
foo

...even though the Python 2.7.1 docs talk about non-negative readline()
size arguments limiting the number of returned bytes (I suppose they
should be talking about positive or > 0 instead of non-negative, or the
implementation is broken at least for StringIO).  Is the test case or
RangeableFileObject broken wrt. this?