[Yum-devel] RFC: Yum DBus service API

tim.lauridsen at gmail.com tim.lauridsen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 18:28:31 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 5:42 PM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 11:49 +0100, tim.lauridsen at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi
> >

> > I have trigged by Seth done a document about a proposal for giving
> > access to yum services using a DBus system service daemon
> >

> > Please read an let me know what you think
> >

> > http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/YumDBusAPI
> >

> Initially I think it looks pretty good.
>
> My major question is: could yumex use this? If not - then what needs to
> be added?
>

> -sv

Yes, it can.
The only thing not one the list yet, is a api call to get the deps for a
package and a fast way to get packages starting with a number of chars (used
to type ahead search).
Else I think the most needed stuff is covered or can can be made using
combination of the API calls.
I working on making some usage examples in misc. languages (Vala, JS, C etc)
 to see how it works.

Tim