[Yum-devel] remove-with-leaves plugin: check install reason

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Sep 14 05:49:35 UTC 2010

On Sunday 12 September 2010, Casey Jao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The remove-with-leaves plugin sometimes wants to remove more packages
> than it should.
[...]
> With this patch, when I tell yum to remove google
> chrome, it only wants to remove the 5 other packages installed along
> with it.
>
> I have attached the relevant files. I would appreciate any feedback.

I think it does make sense, but on the other hand I'm not sure if this patch
actually does what you describe above; wouldn't it skip removing all packages
that were installed due to being dependency of *something*, not just the
chrome package?  I'd also appreciate if it would list the remaining leaf
packages it chose not to remove along with why it didn't remove them, and an
option to control the behavior (the current one vs the one you propose) would
be an improvement.