[Yum-devel] [RFC] Minimal groups and packages list

FlorianFesti ffesti at redhat.com
Thu Oct 14 12:19:33 UTC 2010

  On 10/13/2010 04:46 PM, seth vidal wrote:
> But one thing that just gets on my nerves:
> for set operations use the method spelled out not the update()
> difference_update() etc in lieu of |=, -=,&=
>
> the |= makes me think of additive bitwise OR which SORT of makes sense
> but completely breaks the flow of reading the code for me.
Fixed! I agree that those operator are not exactly beautiful as they are
a bit unclear about what exactly is happening and if there is a new
object created or not (it's not). So they break the idea of "x+=y" is
the same as "x=x+y".

There still is a lot of normal set operators (like "-" and "&") which I
like much more than the above. I hope they can stay.

Florian