[Yum-devel] deltarpm

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 30 15:32:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010, hu xiaoying wrote:

> Dear All:         Now, i have some problems about deltarpm  as following:
>          <1> What's happen with "DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module
> instead" while running commands with "createdeltarpms ..." and "createprostorepo ..." ?

What system are you running on and what version of createrepo and
python-deltarpm are you using?

>          <2> Why after running createdeltarpms,  the directories which to store drpms have two suffix
>  format ("drpm.dontdelta  and  drpm") ? What's the drpm.dontdelta ? What's the difference between
> drpm.dontdelta and drpm ?

.drpm.dontdelta are fake entries for pkgs which should not be delta'd.

but it looks like you're using the deltarpm creator from deltarpm - you
might want to ask your questions to the maintainer of that code - I don't
know if he is on this list or not.