[Yum-devel] yum dont work if a package with a bad requirement is installed on the system.

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 26 12:14:56 UTC 2010

I have a package toxsocks installed on my work system, there is forced
installed with rpm (some crappy binary only rpm is need for some socks
tunneling)

if i runs the latest yum-head to do something, i get an error because of
toxsocks-3.0.5-1.i386 has missing requires of /usr/bin/ksh
but it is unrelated to the package i what to update.

This will give a lot of problems, if you have some dep problem in your rpm
db, then yum will stop working

$ sudo ./yummain.py --enablerepo=rawhide update yum --noplugins
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package yum.noarch 0:3.2.25-12.fc13 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: /usr/bin/ksh for package: toxsocks-3.0.5-1.i386
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: toxsocks-3.0.5-1.i386 (installed)
           Requires: /usr/bin/ksh
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
toxsocks-3.0.5-1.i386 has missing requires of /usr/bin/ksh

Tim