[Yum-devel] Yum 3.2.26 released

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 10 13:10:54 UTC 2010

Hi folks,
  Yum 3.2.26 is out and available on the website. There were a lot of
patches added between 3.2.25 and 3.2.26, mostly bug fixes but a few new
features:

- bash completion was added to yum
- $uuid
- docs have been updated to reflect current urls to yum website/wiki
- we're now using a temporary cache of the rpmdb to speed up depsolving
- --releasever is now a commandline option so you can specify the value of
$releasever
- support for a pkgtags metadata for pkg-related tags/keywords
- yum localinstall/install now supports http urls so we can immediately
  install pkgs
- skip_if_unavailable option added to yum repo configurations. (see man
yum.conf)

Lots of fixes and improvements, worth checking out:

tarball:
http://yum.baseurl.org/download/3.2/yum-3.2.26.tar.gz

srpm:
http://yum.baseurl.org/download/3.2/yum-3.2.26-0.src.rpm