[Yum-devel] [yum-utils] package-graph

Pierre-Yves pingou at pingoured.fr
Fri Dec 17 17:59:41 UTC 2010

Hi,

I would like to propose the following addition to the yum-utils package.
It is a small script largely inspired from the repo-graph and the
repoquery which generates a dot file for the command --tree-requires and
--tree-whatrequires (at the moment).
I tried to keep the same structure as in repo-graph and generate a small
class inheriting from the YumBaseQuery defined in repoquery. This way I
use repoquery to extract the dependency and I generate the dot file in
the same way than repo-graph.

The file can be found there:
http://pingou.fedorapeople.org/package-graph.py

For what I could test it is working decently, but I will not have the
pretension to say that it is bug free.

I hope you find it useful/interesting enough that we can make something
out of it.

Best regards,

Pierre