[Yum-devel] First "usable" yum history patches

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 16 03:10:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 14:51 +0200, Tim Lauridsen wrote:

> Did some testing with  history-BIG.patch it is working great :)

 Cool. I've updated the big patch¹ with a couple of minor tweaks I've
done (obsoletes at least pretends to work now, on RHEL-5), and it's
going through some anaconda testing now for _maybe_ being in F12.

 I still have a TODO, most notably:

1. No API for plugins to add stuff to "transaction with" packages.

2. transaction callback hooks.

3. No configuration options, to eg. turn it off.

4. No documentation.

...so hopefully merged soon.

> No issues found, The undo is great for installing something there drags
> in a lot of s***t an get rid of it in an easy way

 Yeh, that will hopefully make a bunch of people happy :).

¹ http://james.fedorapeople.org/yum/patches/history-BIG.patch

--
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org>
Fedora