[Yum-devel] Adding yum translation submissions to Fedora's Transifex?

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Fri Nov 13 20:18:41 UTC 2009

pe, 2009-11-13 kello 15:02 -0500, Seth Vidal kirjoitti:
> My initial reticence to Transifex is the concern with giving direct access
> to check items into the yum's base git repo from a foreign source. It
> fills me with dread.

Transifex runs msgfmt -c for the file that's being committed, so people
can't just commit "anything". However, there is a risk of people
committing (by accident) valid po files which belong to other projects.

One way of dealing with this is to set up a separate transifex branch in
the git repo, from which a developer pulls frequently after checking
that the commits seem to be ok. This is how PulseAudio does it, see for
example
<https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/pulseaudio/master-tx/> and
<http://git.0pointer.de/?p=pulseaudio.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-tx>.

--