[Yum-devel] Using yum as deps checker

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 31 11:42:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Stephen Childs wrote:

> Thanks. One more question: will resolveDeps remove packages to resolve
> conflicts? If so, is there a list of the packages it has removed? If not, is
> there another way to detect conflicts? I have dug around in the code but
> can't work it out.

resolveDeps only removes pkgs if you have specified a pkg to be removed in
the first place. Then it will remove pkgs depending on that pkg.

However, if you're just doing an install/update then yum won't remove
anytyhing - other than obsoletes - which you've disabled.

> I am seeing things like this on deployment:
>
> file /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_14/src.zip from install of jdk-1.5.0_14-fcs
> conflicts with file from package jdk-1.5.0_14-fcs

This is a file conflict - do you have jdk-1.5.0_14-fcs installed in one
arch and available in another arch? B/c the above report seems confusing.