[Yum-devel] yum pylint

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 30 14:01:01 UTC 2009

Tim Lauridsen wrote:

>> I have added the following tags to the yum Makefile.
>>
>> make pylint (Show pylint warnings and errors, the most crazy stuff is
>> disabled in the profile test/yum-pylintrc)
>> http://timlau.fedorapeople.org/files/yum/yum-pylint.txt
>>
>> and
>>
>> make pylint-errors (Show errors only)
>>
>> http://fpaste.org/paste/7324
>>
>> I don't look too bad, but i need a little help to filter out the stuff
>> we don't care about.
>>
>> EX.
>> W: 29: Relative import 'misc'
>>
>> is a candidate to get excluded from the check.
>>
>> Tim

> Cleanup a lot of the basic warnings and exclude some others.
>
> here is an updated pylint report in html.
>
> http://timlau.fedorapeople.org/files/yum/yum-pylint.html
>
> Tim

I have now completed the cleanup
http://timlau.fedorapeople.org/files/yum/yum-pylint.html

"Your code has been rated at 10.00/10 (previous run: 10.00/10)"

I have changed the 'pylint-errors' to 'pylint-short' and
i now show pylint warnings and errors without the report in the end.

so now 'make pylint' can be used to make a check misc issues before a release etc.

Tim