[Yum-devel] Looking for help with a Yum plugin...

Douglas Kilpatrick kilpatds at oppositelock.org
Fri Jul 17 19:46:13 UTC 2009

>> I'm using the package name (if package name equals host name) to
>> recognize that the package is special.  So I can certainly recurse
>> through it's requirements.  I just don't see a downgrade() call in
>> yum.  Where should I look?
>
> what ver of yum? I'm looking at the code here and there is a downgrade()
> method off of YumBase()  - it's quasi-recent, though.

Preferably, I'd like to get it working with the version of yum in RHEL5
(3.2.19-18).  But I just followed the directions at http://yum.baseurl.org/

    git clone git://yum.baseurl.org/yum.git

which seems to be the unstable 4.0 branch, And that version doesn't seem
to have it.  (And the directions for moving to the 3.2.X branch don't
work, git doesn't like the command line.  I really ought to learn git
one of these days...)

Doug
--
Doug Kilpatrick