[Yum-devel] [n] vs [m]

Gerhardus Geldenhuis gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 23:48:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 3:25 AM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>> Some man pages direct bug reporting to trac and some to bugzilla. I
>> again, have assumed that trac is new and bugzilla old. Is this correct
>> and can I change bug reporting references to trac for everything?
>
> trac is for yum-not-related-to-fedora-or-rhel
> bugzilla is for yum-related-to-fedora-or-rhel

If there is no objections I will change the FAQ and all references in
the yum man pages to the following bug blurp:

There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first
consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and there
bug use https://devel.linux.duke.edu/bugzilla/ for Fedora/RHEL/Centos
related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs.

I do not know the history but it seems strange to have two completely
different bug report systems. Will the bugzilla url be changed to
http://yum.baseurl.org/bugzilla in the near future or will the above
be safe from dns changes for a while?

Regards

--