[Yum-devel] recompiling yum with new openssl

Gellatly, Anna anna.gellatly at Polycom.com
Thu Dec 24 21:29:01 UTC 2009

I have finally got the same version of python compiled and packaged as
an rpm.
When I install it over the same path structure of the old python I get
this ...
Do you have any suggestions to get yum functioning with this newly
compiled - same versioned - python?

[root at anna-vm2 tmp]# yum install perl-Event
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   No module named yum

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.4.6 (#1, Dec 24 2009, 05:22:18)
[GCC 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-46)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
  http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

Any help would be appreciated!
Anna.