[Yum-devel] recompiling yum with new openssl

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 21 18:42:09 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 11:25 -0700, Gellatly, Anna wrote:
> So ... what you're saying is that if I am to recompile a new python
> version with my openssl libraries and install that I will need to
> re-compile urlgrabber, yum modules, sqlite and others with the new
> version of python being deployed so that they use the appropriate
> version of python?
> Am I getting it?

 It depends, for instance on Fedora 11 or Fedora 12 you can almost
certainly update to a rebuild of rawhide's 2.6.4-4 without doing
anything else.
 But when python-2.7 comes out you'll need to do a lot more work, as the
modules will require the 2.6 API (and be in the 2.6 module path).

James Antill - james at fedoraproject.org
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/releases
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/whatsnew/3.2.25
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/YumMultipleMachineCaching