[Yum-devel] recompiling yum with new openssl

Gellatly, Anna anna.gellatly at Polycom.com
Mon Dec 21 18:25:53 UTC 2009

So ... what you're saying is that if I am to recompile a new python
version with my openssl libraries and install that I will need to
re-compile urlgrabber, yum modules, sqlite and others with the new
version of python being deployed so that they use the appropriate
version of python?
Am I getting it?

-----Original Message-----
From: yum-devel-bounces at lists.baseurl.org
[mailto:yum-devel-bounces at lists.baseurl.org] On Behalf Of Seth Vidal
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 11:05 AM
To: yum development
Subject: Re: [Yum-devel] recompiling yum with new openssl

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009, Gellatly, Anna wrote:

> Is there a way to tell yum what version of python to use?

you can start yum with whatever ver of python you want but you want to
tread carefully here. Yum needs a python with access to the rpm module,
urlgrabber, the yum modules, sqlite and others.

So if you're just installing a new version of python you may find none
of
the modules yum needs are available in that python's syspath.