[Yum-devel] First "usable" yum history patches

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 26 15:48:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, James Antill wrote:

> Ok, here's the first look at the history stuff. I've tested it a bit,
> and it seems to provide roughly the correct functionality. Here are the
> known issues in rough order of importance:

Overall this patch set looks good

A few comments:

repeat and undo in yumcommands:
  1. they scare the hell out of me as to what users will expect from them
  2. they seem out of place in yumcommands - I think they should probably
be stubs in yumcommands but shifted over to YumBase or inside the history
class itself. If only b/c someone will want to implement them from another
interface and there is no use having the code duplication that we will
inevitably have.

all the formatting output in yumcommands.py for the history commands
should probably be moved to output.py to keep yumcommands relatively
simple.

otherwise. ACK to all of the patches.