[Yum-devel] I'm the new maintainer for yum in Debian

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Tue Apr 7 01:28:17 UTC 2009

To resume what has been said, I believe that:

0001-Patching-the-Makefile-so-it-works-with-bourne-shell.dpatch

should be applied, even though the name should have been:

0001-patching-the-makefile-to-remove-bashisme

0002-Make-compatible-with-SQLite.dpatch

should be investigated more

0003-Removed-iniparse-dependency.dpatch and
0004-logrotate-monthly.dpatch

are only for Debian Stable (codename Lenny) internals and will be
removed from Debian SID soon.

0005_vserver_interface.dpatch

needs further explanations from you so I can understand why this is not
to be applied.

0006-yum.conf.5.dpatch

is to be applied even though part of it depends on 0005 (as it includes
the man page modifications for 0005).

Do you agree with the above? Could you give me some more information on
the 0005 one so we can move further?

Thanks for your time,

Thomas