[Yum-devel] YumBase.preconf ... to get rid of doConfigSetup etc.

James Antill james.antill at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 19:36:42 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 15:13 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> Would it make more sense to allow ANY config attribute to be set rather
> than specifying them? I know it would be tricky to ensure but it would
> mean not having to constantly add them in later when they are wanted for
> some arbitrary setup.

 I don't think so, it would be easy to allow arbitrary data but I think
we want to keep it to "configuration about the configuration" so that
people setup their preconf and then just use "self.conf.blah".
 We _might_ want to add:

preconf.uid
preconf.logfile

...as those are used in _getConfig(), but aren't settable atm.

--
James Antill <james.antill at redhat.com>
Red Hat