[Yum-devel] YumBase.preconf ... to get rid of doConfigSetup etc.

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 24 19:06:14 UTC 2008

 Here's a patch Seth and I talked about for how we can easily get rid of
doConfigSetup() etc. when we break the API, without having to do lots of
code changes all over the place at the same time.

 The basic idea is that if you want to run yum without plugins, instead
of calling:

yb.doConfigSetup(init_plugins=False)

...you'd just do:

yb.preconf.init_plugins = False

...and then when the yb.conf object is created it'll take the data from
there. It's backwards compatible with the external API, so we can
convert callers and then just rm the methods when we have an API break.

--
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org>
Fedora