[Yum-devel] New plugin: clean-obsolete

Darwin Slattery djslattery at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 17 17:17:36 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have written a plugin called clean-obsolete which deletes obsolete RPM
package files from the cache directories of all enabled repositories.
RPM files are deemed to be obsolete if a newer version exists in any of
these directories. This may be useful for those who wish to minimise the
size of the cache. I don't think this functionality is available in any
other plugin but please let me know if I'm wrong.

You can read documentation and download the plugin here:
http://www.hyperdrifter.com/software/system/clean_obsolete_rpms_from_a_yum_cache.html

All comments and suggestions are welcome.

I'd also like to suggest that a yum API reference be added to the
development wiki page. One of the problems I had was understanding what
was available from the conduit at the various stages of execution in
yum. I did find the doxygen reference at http://yum.sourcearchive.com/
but it seems incomplete.

Regards,
Darwin Slattery