[Yum-devel] pain and suffering and allowdowngrade

Skahan, Vince vince.skahan at boeing.com
Tue Nov 4 21:58:01 UTC 2008

Confused.

Historically there are feature requests for relatively easy things that
have been denied due to fear of (1) below. Most notable example for me
is the multiple requests for new yum --force and --nodeps switches ala
rpm which come up frequently.

Answer for that one is always "no way, no how, never ever - don't want
to take the complaints when you shoot your eye out" or along those
lines.

Are we now considering scenario (2) below and taking that kind of risk
for something that seems much harder/riskier to do, yet still denying
the easy ones like the example above ?

Or did I read the response wrong ?

------ vince.skahan at boeing.com ------