[Yum-devel] New plugin: grouppackagetypes

James Antill james.antill at redhat.com
Wed May 28 14:05:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 11:14 +0100, Robin Bowes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've written a new yum plugin: grouppackagetypes
>
> Tim asked me to post details here for review with a view to including in
> yum-utils.

> A plugin for yum to specify which package types within a package group
> should be installed when using yum groupinstall.
>
> Sample Usage:
>
> # install just the mandatory packages from the "Base" group:
> yum groupinstall --group-package-types=mandatory base

 The only (somewhat minor) problem I have is that you can only specify a
single type. The two obvious ways to fix this are:

1. Allow multiple options and split on comma/space like most of the
options that take lists.

2. Just assume that default implies mandatory and optional implies the
other two.

...the later might be somewhat "safer" but has less power.

> More details and code here:
>
> http://projects.robinbowes.com/trac/yum-grouppackagetypes

 You might also want to include an option to enable/disable group
conditional packages.

--
James Antill <james.antill at redhat.com>
Red Hat