[Yum-devel] RFC: Turning plugins on by default

Kulbir Saini kulbirsaini at students.iiit.ac.in
Thu May 15 22:44:45 UTC 2008

Other point of view:
	We may turn on the generic plugins like fastestmirror ( i hope
everybody wants to download fast) and turn off other plugins which
everybody may not use like changelog, download-only etc..

Kulbir Saini wrote:
> Hi!
>
> -1.
>
> Reason : I normally do 'yum install yum-*' even when I want only 2-3
> plugins because I don't really care about the disk space they consume.
> The other reason using above command may be that i want all of them to
> be installed and will switch them ON whenever needed. And I think that
> may be the case with a lot of people.
>

> James Antill wrote:
>>  So atm. we have a couple of "super core" plugins which add repos.
>> and/or tweak network stuff and so really should be on "all the time". So
>> I'd like to propose that we change the defaults to plugins=True for all
>> of the yum-utils commands that don't have it atm.
>>
>>  Can anyone think of a reason why this is a bad idea?

Thank you,
Kulbir Saini,
Computer Science and Engineering,
International Institute of Information Technology,
Hyderbad, India - 500032.

My Home-Page: http://saini.co.in/
My Institute: http://www.iiit.ac.in/
My Linux-Blog: http://fedora.co.in/

IRC nick : generalBordeaux
Channels : #fedora, #fedora-devel, #yum on freenode