[Yum-devel] RFC: Turning plugins on by default

Kulbir Saini kulbirsaini at students.iiit.ac.in
Thu May 15 22:38:02 UTC 2008

Hi!

-1.

Reason : I normally do 'yum install yum-*' even when I want only 2-3
plugins because I don't really care about the disk space they consume.
The other reason using above command may be that i want all of them to
be installed and will switch them ON whenever needed. And I think that
may be the case with a lot of people.

James Antill wrote:
>  So atm. we have a couple of "super core" plugins which add repos.
> and/or tweak network stuff and so really should be on "all the time". So
> I'd like to propose that we change the defaults to plugins=True for all
> of the yum-utils commands that don't have it atm.
>
>  Can anyone think of a reason why this is a bad idea?

Thank you,
Kulbir Saini,
Computer Science and Engineering,
International Institute of Information Technology,
Hyderbad, India - 500032.

My Home-Page: http://saini.co.in/
My Institute: http://www.iiit.ac.in/
My Linux-Blog: http://fedora.co.in/

IRC nick : generalBordeaux
Channels : #fedora, #fedora-devel, #yum on freenode