[Yum-devel] [UG] RFE: Add OS name to user_agent default?

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Tue May 13 13:31:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 4:46 PM, James Antill <james.antill at redhat.com> wrote:
 >   Yeh, atm. we've just added fixes to Fedora we know we want/need ...
 >  AFAIK they aren't in upstream urlgrabber yet, and it's not obvious if
 >  we'll get more active upstream(s) or we'll do something like move to
 >  libcurl for yum 4.x.

 Basically, there were some development choices in urlgrabber that took
 us down a bit of a dead end.  People started using those features, and
 so now I'm in a place where I need to back up, turn left, and go down
 a better road to replace those features so everything still works.

 The RFE in this thread is way trivial, so I'm happy to do it.  As far
 as timescale goes, I'm undecided about whether to fold in minor stuff
 and then tackle the big problems or vice versa.  James, what would
 make you happier?  The major replacement is the handling of SSL
 certs... dropping m2crypto and replacing it with NSS.  Would it make
 you happy (more secure) to have me address the little things that have
 piled up first.  Honestly, it might help with my frustration level,
 even  though it might be slightly less efficient.

 -Michael