[Yum-devel] things to break in the api

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 26 19:18:05 UTC 2008

I've started a list of things to break in the api when we change
versions.

It's in fedora's gobby instance for people who want to add items named
yum-api-breaks-todo.txt

Here's the list so far:

- package.repo.sack.repo.sack.package.repo.sack - stop the recursion
here
  make the path one way: base -> sack -> repos -> package or maybe
untangle
  the whole thing by collapsing sacks/repos together. - much thought and
  a lot of brokenness will happen first

- depsolvecallback should move to callbacks.py and be fixed for sanity

- get rid of all the weird attribute creation in various subclasses of
the
  packagesack and packageobject classes.

- collapse down all the unnecessary package object classes
- move sqlitepackage object in packages class
- get rid of unused packagesack objects
- clean out rpmUtils.oldutils
- nuke all do*Setup() in YumBase

feel free to add more to tell me more to add or add more yourself.

I only speak for me.