[Yum-devel] yum 3.2.13 released

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Mar 22 21:34:19 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 01:30 +0100, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > Bingo.  Unversioned Obsoletes/Provides are terrible.  We've been yelling
> > about them in the Fedora Packaging Committee for a while now, and now we
> > see why...
>
> Hmm, does that mean, yum will not handle these real world scenarios anymore?
> It's a regression after all (even in the light of questionable procedures)..

Well, Seth and co might be able to cook up something clever to work
around this situation, but the question is at what cost, as this
situation comes to us due to advancements in how yum does things.
Unversioned Obsoletes/Provides have been at best "undefined results" for
a long time now, and they're finally going to start causing problems.
It's not very hard to fix them, I've fixed a number of them within the
Fedora package set.  They only have to be fixed from the point on where
you make this version of yum available.

--
Jesse Keating