[Yum-devel] yum 3.2.13 released

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu Mar 20 23:43:50 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, 21. März 2008 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
> Am Donnerstag, 20. März 2008 schrieb seth vidal:
> >
> > I have a feeling I know what's happening here - we found in fedora that
> > some changes we put into yum discovered a lot of overly-broad obsoletes
> > and unversioned provides. You don't happen to have any obsoletes in the
> > new perl-5.8.8-34, do you?

I should have mentioned: meanwhile I tried to downgrade to yum-3.2.11. That
version bails out in the very same way on that system in question (I do
use/have used both versions successfully (well .11 with a few patches, if
you remember..)). I also did a 'rpm --rebuilddb', for what is worth. The
3.0.x version, which was installed before today, did well for quite some
time, otherwise it's a bog standard openSUSE 10.2 installation (of a friend
of mine, who went to bed now ;-).

Pete