[Yum-devel] hack job for depsolving, pre-load entire requires table ... 2x - 3x better rawhide update speed

James Antill james.antill at redhat.com
Tue Mar 18 08:04:12 UTC 2008

 So while I should have been asleep I did this, please  don't look if
you are feeling queasy, and I'm pretty sure it still works the same.

 Basic idea behind it is that we pre-load the entire requires DB into a
python hash+arrays, as we are losing out when we call .getRequires()
10,000s of times and do an SQL call a lot of those times.

 For me, this takes a "yum DEV update" from ~160s to ~60s. As I implied
above it needs more work before we can check it in (probably kills
performance for the upgrade one package case) and generally needs to be
tided up. But what does everyone think, is there something else we could
be doing instead ... does this give you some other great idea?

--
James Antill <james.antill at redhat.com>
Red Hat