[Yum-devel] [RFE] Having one single file for all plugins' configurations

Kulbir Saini kulbirsaini at students.iiit.ac.in
Wed Jun 4 09:44:27 UTC 2008

Hi!

   Since we now have more than 20 plugins for yum and more are popping up, it
would be a good idea to have a single configuration file for all the
plugins with a format similar to that of .repo files.

[plugin_name1]
enabled=1
parameter1=foo
parameter2=bar

[plugin_name2]
enabled=0
parameter1=foofoo
parameter2=barbar

   Reason:
      1. Say, I have 20 plugins installed and enabled. Now, I want to disable
10 of them randomly. I have to open 10 files one by one and do
enabled=0. That seems a lot of work and also looks quite frustrating. I
think keeping everything in a single file will make things easier :)

      2. I don't see something negative here.

   Let us see what people have to say about it.

Thank you,
Kulbir Saini,
Computer Science and Engineering,
International Institute of Information Technology,
Hyderbad, India - 500032.

My Home-Page: http://saini.co.in/
My Web-Blog: http://fedora.co.in/

IRC nick : generalBordeaux
Channels : #fedora, #fedora-devel, #yum on freenode