[Yum-devel] Re: [yum-git] 2 commits - cli.py yum/__init__.py

Terje Røsten terje.rosten at ntnu.no
Mon Jan 28 20:19:36 UTC 2008

seth vidal wrote:
> As discussed on irc. i think it'd be best if this were in a plugin and
> the gpgcheck=false check were moved into a plugin for the tmprepo
> capability. Since the use case for this seems more to the power user who
> can more comfortably take advantage of the plugins.

I don't know about that, anyway this is the a very nice addition. I have
wanted this for a while.

For 3rd party vendors  this truly great as their installers can ship a
repo file and a wrapper for yum  instead of
the stupid  common pattern:

$ rpm -Uvh --nodeps --replacefiles --more-dirty-tricks  *.rpm

 - Terje